SDPC Easley Area Bus Office
Frances Meinders, Supervisor
PHONE: 855-1088 – FAX: 855-8798
Precision makes the bus system work. Help us help your child get to school safely!
Cooperation is a must for the bus system to operate in an efficient manner. Buses depart approximately six minutes after the bell has sounded. Therefore, students cannot delay in getting to the bus area. Buses will normally be in the same parking space each day. Personnel are available to assist students who cannot locate their buses.
Under the laws of the state of South Carolina, the school district can assume no obligation to transport any child to or from school who lives within one and one-half miles from the school he/she attends and does not have to provide transportation services extending within a one-mile radius of the residence of any child.
Permission to Ride a Different Bus
Any time a student wants to ride a bus other than the one assigned, they must:
1. have parents write a note asking permission to ride a different bus.
2. the note must include the date, the student's name, a phone number where the parent can be reached for verification, and the parent's signature.
3. bring the note to the main office the day before or before homeroom on the day they want to ride.
4. the office secretary will call and verify the information with the student's parent.
5. the student must come back to the office and pick-up the verified note to present to the bus driver.
The administration of the attending school is responsible for school bus discipline. However, each student must obey the driver at all times while under his/her supervision. The driver may not remove a student from the bus for disciplinary reasons without the approval of school administration unless the student's behavior is a threat to the safety of others on the bus. In this case, the driver must report all violations of safety regulations as well as any behavior problems the school administration. The administration has the authority to deny any student the privilege of riding a school bus.
Bus Discipline Procedures
1st offense - Verbal Warning - bus driver and/or administrator
2nd offense - 3 Days Suspension - administrator
3rd offense - 5 Days Suspension - administrator
4th offense - Suspended Remainder of School Year - administrator
Serious Offenses - Immediate Suspension - administrator
Depending on the severity of the offense, the administration has the right to alter the punsihment or skip any of the above steps.